Sunday, June 19, 2011

I have a date(s)!

I've been in the bunker this weekend studying and I was in dire need of a date, or at least a use for dates since I have a container of deliciously sweet Medjool Dates in my fridge from Trader Joe's. Meredith (a dear friend) and I made English Sticky Pudding (yum!) two weeks ago and I'm been trying to think of creative ways to use dates. My favorite (so far) has been to stuff them with blue brie (think blue cheese taste plus the consistency of brie, double yum!) and wrap them in prosciutto. HEAVEN! The bold flavor of the cheese and the saltiness of the prosciutto both complement the sweet dates. By far, the best date I've had in awhile!

Recipe:
No hard and fast rules with this, just have enough dates, cheese and prosciutto to fill you up (figure about 4 per person)
Broil in the oven until the prosciutto crisps.
Be careful when you take a bite - the cheese will be hot and so will your date (thank goodness, right?)

All you need for a satisfying date - who knew it was so easy?
Ready to go in the oven- the silicone baking liner prevents date disasters!

Do you see that bubbling brie goodness? Sorry...I didn't save any for you!

With a happy tummy, I'm back to the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment